The AWG Sales Services team has two openings, a Sr. Creative Specialist and a Digital Marketing Specialist. If you are looking to join a fast-paced team full of opportunity, we’re your place. To apply for either of these jobs, click here and enter the job title in the search bar to navigate directly to the respective opening.
Sr. Creative Specialist
The Creative Specialist is one of the hubs of marketing/advertising for all AWG retailers. This position will be heavy on design work that will come in large full-store branding projects to small-scale projects like single signs, shelf signage, and quick turn-around social posts. Will work closely with advertising supervisor to develop branding for retailers — sometimes from scratch, other times to build upon what already exists.
Internal work will also be an essential part of the Creative Specialist position with several large and ongoing projects and on-needed basis. Those projects include the annual report, quarterly retailer-focused magazine and trade ads. Design of advertising/marketing promotional material for the department will also be asked.
The Creative Specialist is also charged with working with third-party large format print vendors to develop quotes, submit jobs and ensure their timely and complete delivery.
Will manage several people as Creative Specialist. Will include at least two additional artists, most likely working in Kansas City. Additionally, will work with staff photographer and archivist to ensure they have a full schedule and all art is available to production specialists and third-party pre-press partners.
- Produce eye-catching designs for retail and corporate jobs.
- Oversee proofing, printing, and distribution of all assigned advertising and related materials.
- Obtain quotes for special print projects.
- Coordinate workflow to assure deadlines are met.
- Work with billing assistants and vendors to assure accurate charges.
- Respond to requests from member retailers and internal AWG.
- Maintain organization of jobs for workflow and prompt billing.
- Communicate clear and concise direction to vendors.
- Respond to retailer requests by phone, email, and meetings.
- Assist in the creative process for new ads or special projects.
- Perform special project work when needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Any combination of education, training, and experience in providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities
Proficient in Adobe In-Design, Illustrator, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PhotoShop. Knowledge of printing methods, digital spaces, ad production, sign production and image database retrieval.
Excellent design skills. Good customer service skills. Must be flexible and willing to spend the time to complete projects as needed. Must have the ability to work on many projects at once. Must have good supervisory skills. Must be able to meet deadlines and be able to remain calm in stressful situations. Must display excellent proofing skills. Willing to present work as needed.
Experience, Education, and Training:
Should have at least five years experience as a graphic artist/designer at an agency, client or freelance level. Should have experience managing staff in some capacity. Experience working with third-party vendors is preferred.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Collaborate with the Marketing Manager and AWG Brands team to build and manage digital properties such as websites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, email marketing and online advertising for four private-label brands: Best Choice, Always Save, Clearly Organic and Superior Selections.
- Build a digital strategy for all components of AWG Brands’ digital platform including websites, facebook pages, twitter feeds, Instagram accounts, Pinterest boards, email accounts, blogs, digital coupons and online advertising to drive sales and brand awareness
- Write, discover and propose relevant content to help grow social reach and consumer engagement as digital component of $15 million AWG brands advertising budget while tailoring voice of each digital component to the unique features of the brands represented
- Aggregate and assess web analytics and consumer feedback to ensure positive consumer engagement with AWG Brand products and AWG member retailers
- Interact with consumers directly via email, social, and any other customer service platform necessary, addressing their concerns and rewarding loyalty
- Collaborate with AWG Brands team at the corporate, division and store level to integrate messaging across multiple platforms, including utilization of member retailer digital assets
- Continually develop a knowledge base and utilize current industry information to propose marketing enhancements and educate retailers
- Create quarterly status reports detailing key insights, popular content topics, and promotion results both for AWG Brands as a whole, but also assessing AWG member stores for their effective utilization of AWG Brands digital properties to drive sales
- 4-year degree in marketing/advertising/communications
- 4-6 years marketing experience across social sites including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and websites and a keen understanding of the distribution of social content among the sites
- Experience using listening, reporting & content management tools, especially Facebook Insights and Google Analytics
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to think creatively and identify and resolve problems with minimal direction
- Desire to work in a collaborative, dynamic, flexible and team-oriented environment while managing one’s own time and responsibilities effectively
If you’re interested in applying for either of these positions, please go here and search for the job title.